Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Moroccan Carrot Soup




I received two pounds of carrots in my last bountiful basket. I decided to look for a new recipe that would use a bunch of the carrots. While on our cruise, I had the most delicious curried pumpkin soup. It sounded good, and it tasted better than I had expected. So when I found this Moroccan Carrot Soup recipe, I had to try it.

I made this for lunch today, and it was a hit. I loved it topped with yogurt and an extra squeeze of lemon. The kids enjoyed it, too.


Moroccan Carrot Soup
adapted from Bon Appetit via Pinterest via epicurious

  • 2 T butter
  • 1 C chopped yellow onion
  • 1 pound large carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 2 2/3 cups)
  • 2 1/2 C low-salt chicken broth
  • 1/2 t cumin
  • 1 T honey
  • 2 t fresh lemon juice, plus more for serving
  • 1/8 t ground allspice
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
Melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and cook until softened. Add carrots. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until carrots are soft, about 20 minutes.

Remove soup from heat and puree in blender. Return to pan and add cumin, honey, lemon juice and allspice. Serve with a dollop of yogurt, lemon wedges, and extra cumin if desired.


I think I already know what I'll be using the other pound of carrots for. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...